[FoRK] Chemistry entrepreneurism in full swing

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Oct 31 14:54:35 PDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 02:42:22PM -0700, John Parsons wrote:

> I had a chemistry set when I was young, and lost interest
> in it soon after the rocket fuel experiments... ;-)

I went on, and got a degree in chemistry.

> This article does highlight the futility of fighting illicit
> drugs using the horrendously wasteful traditional ways. I

The drugs self-limit due to skills. Meth is sure easy, but
most wannabees would be stymied by handling LAH in their
kitchen.

> welcome any approach to alternative dialogs.

In practice, there's a very large difference between the
entheogen fiends, and everybody else. Of course, les flics
do not make a difference.

> Still, in addition to his entrepreneurism, you gotta admire his faith
> in his product by testing it, "almost to overdose levels". You'd be

Classical Shulgin's approach. It sounds more dangerous than it is.

> hard pressed to find any CEO of a major pharmaceutical (or for that matter,
> any agri-food) company to show such commitment, and their products
> *are* meant for human consumption. ;-)

Much less fun.