[FoRK] 2009 Distribution of Wealth in the US

John Parsons bullwinklemouth at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 5 22:35:37 PDT 2010

--- On Fri, 11/5/10, Reza B'Far <reza.bfar at oracle.com> wrote:

> I do think there is one
> relationship:
>
> Every human being spends some percentage of his/her life
> doing something for resources (working, etc.).
> Algorithmically speaking :), I do not believe there is a
> stable matching for a set where:
>
>   1. There exist large number of human beings who have
> a lot in common and are
>      connected through some electronic
> media
>   2. There exist large differential between
> work/reward ratio for a large
>      portion of folks in (1) above.

Quite right. It is within the "wealth elite's" best interest to encourage optimum and widespread wealth distribution. Not only does more liquidity amongst more people have a supportive effect on stable economies thus perpetuating their position of emminence, it eventually becomes a matter of self-survival. Wealth is ultimately osmotic, and if the wealthy do not distribute it willingly, it will be increasingly eroded by the apparati needed to hoard it.

JP