[FoRK] 2009 Distribution of Wealth in the US

James Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Mon Nov 8 11:30:39 PST 2010

On Nov 8, 2010, at 7:19 PM, Lorin Rivers wrote:

> Well, clearly there's no correlation between the two, right?

Not according to the people who claim the rich don't pay tax.

The high income earners you are talking about, by virtue of the specific source of the information (W-2s) are the high tax payers.

And yet when I've pointed out on this list just how much tax the rich pay, I get accused of conflating wealth and income.

The redistributionalists can't have it both ways. Either the rich *do* pay a lot of tax OR wealth and income aren't strongly correlated.

James