[FoRK] 2009 Distribution of Wealth in the US

Reza B'Far reza.bfar at oracle.com
Mon Nov 8 11:40:28 PST 2010

?

Total Wealth = Income + Other stuff
Income_Taxes = (Tax%) * (Income)
Total Wealth = [(Tax% + Non_Tax%) * (Income)] + Other stuff

Tax% = [(Total Wealth - Other Stuff) / Income] - NonTax%

There IS a correlation between income and wealth... , but "correlation" doesn't
mean it's a linear function.  Total Wealth could be, for example, an exponential
function of income which would make the results of the study even more
disturbing (basically, the rich are even richer than they seem).