[FoRK] 2009 Distribution of Wealth in the US

Russell Turpin russell.turpin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 19:24:48 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:10 PM, James Tauber <jtauber at jtauber.com> wrote:
> ... My point is that *if* you argue numbers like this aren't a true
> measure because they are just talking about income, not wealth,
> then I don't think you can turn around and use income distribution
> figures to talk about wealth distribution.

Your "if" is unnecessary to your "then." Income and wealth aren't the
same. There's some correlation, of course -- with enough wealth,
you're generating some income. Even in these times of low interest
rates. But the exact nature of that can't be assumed, only extracted
from data.

So I agree, but not from your argument.