[FoRK] Income distribution changes over the last 30+ years

Reza B'Far reza.bfar at oracle.com
Thu Nov 11 00:20:09 PST 2010

I don't agree.  What I'm saying is that the problem is not that complex.  If you get lots of under-employed college grads, etc... folks with valuable skills who see the hours of their lives not being justifiably compensated, you have a problem.  It's funny that folks like Bill Oreily always talk about the "Deadweight".  This is not the core problem.  Core problem is equity:  Are you getting paid worth what you're contributing to society?  This is what the original discussion was.  If you get massive equities, you have a social problem.  There is a cap to the percentage of what I hope you mean by "Deadweight" (there are alternatives to your definition that I hope you don't mean).

The problem is someone who say, invents something significant, versus someone who shuffles money around in some complex financial system have inequitable contribution/reward ratios.  And you can make it as complex as you want and look at it from as many different perspectives as you want... at the end of the day, history shows that this is not a stable-match.  If you end up with what I would call "objective injustice" that is everywhere and prevalent (I don't think we're there yet), you have a fundamental problem in maintaining a stable system.