[FoRK] RL emulates Shadowrun

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 07:47:52 PST 2010

There's something to be said for having housing available.  If only to avoid
the lack of decent public transit in the Valley.

Then there's the stupidity of buying into the brainwashing of company
'perks'.  Make no mistake, a leather seat and good food on the galley ship
doesn't change the fact you're still a slave and you'd do well to get back
to pulling that oar.  But then geeks in the Valley typically don't have much
of a life and wouldn't know what to do with one anyway.  It was rather
depressing to witness it.

I can only imagine the hassles they're going to have.  California's got a
rats nest of laws (employment, rental, etc).  Why any company would increase
their exposure to that is a mystery.

-Bill