[FoRK] Impressive mostly-electric cars[1], amber waves of freedom[2], Apple/Google trounce Microsoft[3]

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Feb 1 11:48:28 PST 2011

2011 looks interesting already.  In a better way so far it seems.

[1] https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/21/AR2011012105347.html
> Gene and the Machine: The shocking truth about the electric Volt
And just in time for an oil spike.  I might only use gas as little as 10-20 days a year with one of these.
Now, when are we going to get the Cessna equivalent??  (Might have to eject the battery in an emergency though.)

[2] Or at least domino revolutions that look promising.
Was it Obama's 2009 democracy speech?
Or Twitter?
Bush?

All of the above perhaps, and democracy (more or less) in Iraq and Afghanistan.  Post analysis will be interesting.  I'm happy to
hear and see the general intelligence, modernity, and pro-democracy of those being interviewed on the street.  It seems the
Egyptians may put their neighbors to shame in several ways.

[3] There will be blood.