[FoRK] America, F*ck yea...

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Feb 3 03:53:26 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 07:17:38PM -0500, Gary Stock wrote:

> I do not know recent events well enough to argue whether its use in
> Egypt is, or is not, appropriate.  I'm simply suggesting that deployment
> of tear gas has considerable effects ~well~ beyond "crowd dispersal."

In general, today tear gas is added to high-pressure water jets, which
produce results like http://www.thelocal.de/national/20101006-30295.html

The escalation in water pressure behind lachrymator-laced water jet
dispersal indicate such side effects are desired, and should produce
deterrent effects.

Needless to say, the guys who order that equipment and the guys who
ordered their use, as well as those who executed their order all need
to be tried and sentenced, or, lacking that, executed by way of vigilante
justice.