[FoRK] Mesh over Egypt, mesh over Portland, we bring good things to light.

David Edmondson dme at dme.org
Fri Feb 4 01:03:50 PST 2011

Lee Maguire had an interesting post which ended up in a similar place,
though with a corporate delivery angle:

	http://www.hexkey.co.uk/lee/log/2011/02/03/rumspringa/

  "But I’ll probably never use them myself, not “in anger”.  Networks
  are strengthened by network effects, so even tiny barriers to joining
  (compile this daemon, flash this device, etc) weaken potential. You
  end up needing recognised standards groups (or market dominance) to
  encourage adoption.  And activism or rugged grid-independence are not
  quite compelling use-cases for corporate product development."