[FoRK] Mesh over Egypt, mesh over Portland, we bring good things to light.

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Feb 4 03:40:03 PST 2011

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 04:10:00PM -0800, Tom Higgins wrote:

> Re Mesh - I have been mucking with it for many years and reading about
> it even longer. Seems solutions for getting what appears a group that

Fun fact: a local /64 is fully enough to encode lat/long/alt
(24, 24, 16 bit) with about 2 m resolution. Add some minor
LSB bit jiggling and DAD, and you've gots yourself a rather
robust address allocation scheme that allows you to know where
you are, and mutal local node mapping. You can either store
it verbatim, or as deviation from idealicity. Implement long-distance
links by VPN tunnels initially.

Any current WiFi embedded is plenty capable of that.