[FoRK] #digital now completely zeroed out

Marty Halvorson marty at halvorson.us
Tue Feb 8 16:55:48 PST 2011

On 2/8/2011 1:00 PM, Wayne Baisley wrote:
 > RIP, Ken Olsen. #dec founder swapped out at '11/84.

One of the smartest men I've ever met.  He came to Albuquerque for
dinner with an old friend (Tom Stockebrand, who managed one of DEC's
advanced development groups), and attended our weekly staff meeting.  He
asked amazing insightful questions of every speaker.  Some of which
resulted in much better projects.  I was one of the few invited to
attend the dinner where he continued to impress.

The world has lost another in a long line of brilliant and effective
leaders.