[FoRK] I just had to do it

Lawnun lawnun at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 07:58:46 PST 2011

Well -- I'll say this much -- its wordy. Echoing what Martin stated, being a
smug bastard isn't really going to help win cases or influence folks.  Plus,
if, as I divined, your argument is that the police are mis-applying the
vehicle code by either a) not tapping everyone who missed whatever it is you
missed (a sign?  its unclear) or b) for standing behind an ordinance to
penalize individuals for what amounts to a minor, inconsequential
infraction, I suggest you get to that point first, and not screw around with
your credentials and general awesomeness up front.

Remember Stephen -- someone actually has to read this. Lawyers (and by
extension, judges and magistrates) like clear, coherent and to-the-point
writing. If I lost you (amidst your rambling about the right to travel and
the four corners rule (seriously?), you can damn well bet others will as
well.

Carey