[FoRK] Nokia Catches MS

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Feb 23 16:15:08 PST 2011

> On 2/11/11 10:39 AM, rst at ai.mit.edu wrote:
>> Stephen Williams writes:
>> >  Microsoft better be careful what they bite off.  Failure may be very painful at this level.
>>
>> They've already had a taste of it with the Kin (remember that?).
> Barely, one of the shortest MS blips. Props for not dragging out the embarrassing train wreck.
>
>> But they've already placed a massive bet on Windows Phone 7; I
>> don't think this deal gives them anything *more* to lose...
>
> This isn't struggling minor player. It is a faltering European rock star, now being headed by an executive from Microsoft. How's
> that for implicating corporate intrigue?? I'll be curious what the EU finds when looking into _that_.

Microsoft / TMobile / Samsung are Sears / DMV / pre-2010 Comcast when they need to be Apple / Amazon / Sprint / Target / Costco.  It
doesn't matter that you have a hiccup, but it does matter how it is handled.  Whatever idiots are determining customer service
policy at all three companies have already begun to doom the whole Win-phone thing.  Again.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsofts-windows-phone-7-when-bad-things-happen-to-good-phones/8766?tag=nl.e550