[FoRK] Decentralizing the Internet So Big Brother Can’t Find You

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn at rbii.com
Mon Mar 7 20:09:52 PST 2011

> On Tuesday afternoon, as Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton spoke in
> Washington about the Internet and human liberty, a Columbia law professor in
> Manhattan, Eben Moglen, was putting together a shopping list to rebuild the
> Internet — this time, without governments and big companies able to watch
> every twitch of our fingers.

I believe that we're already really seeing the start of a trend away from centralized services on the Internet... there are a lot of different things bringing it all together.

On a somewhat related note, I just watched all of Ghost In The Shell on a recent set of plane rides, and it still hasn't lost it's power.