[FoRK] car & tv internet

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 17:15:20 PST 2011

> I don’t think anybody in the music industry quite grasps how
> much of an important opportunity lies in...

I think that about sums up the music industry entirely.

There's definitely something to be said for the DJ aspect of how music is
consumed.  I've got upwards of 10k tracks of music and innumerable gadgets
suitable for playing it back to me.  Yet I find the sat radio channels in
the car to be the least annoying way to listen.  Trying to fiddle with my
own playlists (made openly hostile on iPod devices) is too annoying.
So-called genius features aren't.  Better to have a DJ do the work, maybe
add a little patter and just get on with listening.

The same pretty much applies for the home.  Listening through the TV has
little, if any, traction.  I've got a whole house system (russound) and find
sat radio again being the most useful 99% of the time.

-Bill Kearney