[FoRK] car & tv internet

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:47:26 PST 2011

I use the TV for music a lot because of the Roku app my team and I
built for MOG.  I am amazed at how well it does the job given how many
common features it doesn't have.  I use it constantly even though I
have more high end alternatives right there.

The killer feature is how low maintenance it is.  Turn on the TV, use
the cursor keys on the remote, you're done.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Bill Kearney <wkearney99 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I don’t think anybody in the music industry quite grasps how
>> much of an important opportunity lies in...
>
> I think that about sums up the music industry entirely.
>
> There's definitely something to be said for the DJ aspect of how music is
> consumed.  I've got upwards of 10k tracks of music and innumerable gadgets
> suitable for playing it back to me.  Yet I find the sat radio channels in
> the car to be the least annoying way to listen.  Trying to fiddle with my
> own playlists (made openly hostile on iPod devices) is too annoying.
> So-called genius features aren't.  Better to have a DJ do the work, maybe
> add a little patter and just get on with listening.
>
> The same pretty much applies for the home.  Listening through the TV has
> little, if any, traction.  I've got a whole house system (russound) and find
> sat radio again being the most useful 99% of the time.

I use the TV a lot because of the Roku app I built for MOG.  I am
amazed at how well it does the job.  I use it constantly even though I