[FoRK] car & tv internet

Bill Humphries whump at mac.com
Tue Mar 8 22:16:05 PST 2011

On Mar 8, 2011, at 9:52 PM, Lucas Gonze wrote:

> One trick I found is to use implicit interactions, instead of having
> widgets to frob explicitly.  For example in our next round of tv apps
> we'll page data sets without a "more" button.  Just go to the end of
> data that we have fetched and we'll fetch some more.

Yes, and let people discover what the D-Pad will do.

At the moment, I have a list and detail on the screen, and I'm realizing that having both limits the interactions (changing focus is just maddening.)

So next iteration I'll go with a list scrolled by the up and down keys, and hitting D-Pad right drops you into a new screen with the detail view.

-- whump