[FoRK] car & tv internet

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:46:18 PST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Bill Kearney <wkearney99 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ignoring the fact you're leaving a considerable consumer of electricity
> burning with nothing on the screen.   Or worse, static material that burns
> in the screen.

Well, you can have a screen saver on a TV as easily as on a PC.

Does a TV burn more power than a monitor of the same size?

> Here's where I'm reminded of the failed effort that was Pointcast.   And
> somewhat tangentially of the Chumby.

I have a Chumby on my desk right now.  Sure is cute.

It was a genuinely visionary project with an incredibly accurate
concept of the future as far as mobile apps and now TV++ apps.  I'm
amazed to say that it was underhyped.  But I wish their execution had
been better.