[FoRK] car & tv internet

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Thu Mar 10 19:02:04 PST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:
    On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Ken Meltsner <meltsner at alum.mit.edu>
wrote:
    > I like the older (funnier) version of the Chumby with the soft
exterior.  Of
    > course, I didn't buy it then either, so my opinion is irrelevant.

    I will one up, or down, you on that....TuxDroid.  Yep, I have had it
    for years and I finally am about to revamp it as a device to put in
    the kids room so I can pipe them podcasts and music for nighttime
    listening.  I love the little beastie, even coded up some apps to have
    it read me my rss and twitter feeds. I have not used it in
    months....my Droid sort of is all that and a slice of lemon curd
    toast.

TuxDroid sounds cool, sort of a mutant Nabaztag with flapping wings instead
of flapping ears.

And for the UC Irvine (or Xerox) crowd, it all goes back to Paul Dourish and
his repurposed Microsoft Actimates Barney doll:

http://dourish.com/publications/1999/chi99-sweetpea.pdf

Ken Meltsner