[FoRK] Atrix / Xoom Details

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Mar 14 10:04:17 PDT 2011

On 3/14/11 9:48 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 09:36:34AM -0700, Tom Higgins wrote:
>> So when does apple put something like this and claim all others are
>> playing catchup?
> I am buying an iPad 2 and not a Xoom. Phone still Android.

I'm buying an iPad 2 (finally, expect to need it soon for development) and hoping to get a Xoom free at Google IO. ;-)
For phone, I use my original Pre (slowish now, the new ones are far better) but also carry my Evo, which I use mostly for WanFi
(that's what "personal hotspot" / "MyFi" should be called), mobile browsing, and Android apps.

I'd like an Atrix too, but ATT?  Perhaps I'll get an unlocked / no plan version for use with the Evo.

I won't ever be without a good WanFi hotspot capability if I can help it.  I had already used various things for years off and on,
all the way back to using Ricochet about the whole time they were in business.  AnDevCon again reinforced the need for an
independent, reliable Internet connection even when WiFi is supposed to be provided.  I wouldn't have finished my presentations or
learned as much without my own connection.