[FoRK] Atrix / Xoom Details

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:19:41 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
>> Are the £400-£500 Android phones actually usable?
>
> Seems good to me.

I have had a Droid1, now use a Droid2g and have a clunky 150$ Augen
tablet all running various states of AndroidOS. I have also had
occasion to use the iPhone. Just being able to get apps on the devices
(as files, fromthe officail market or from thrid party markets)
without rooting is a nice little feature. Imagine, I get to make the
call on whats ok for me to use. Blimey cooo. UI wise its all about
being able to do what I want with it; again...choice. I know for many
thats not a selling point, lord knows some folks need to be told when
to wipe and with what color paper (embossed of course with the right
fonts)...but hey live and let live. Speed on the D2 is pretty dang
spiffy even with flash and other multimedia apps..

I think in the final say it is going to come down to personal
choice...or lack of choice as the case may be.

-tom(asbestos on)higgins