[FoRK] Atrix / Xoom Details

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 14 17:15:35 PDT 2011

My choice is based first on what's actually important, it's usability as a
communications device.  Around here and the areas I travel that means using
Verizon's network.   I don't give a rats ass about UI when the network drops
calls.  Fast is worthless if it's not even available where I need it.  AT&T
is worthless where I need to use the devices.

Then there's the fact that Apple's policies are despicable, which makes
their products unacceptable to me.  Thankfully Android devices step in to
fill that void.  I likewise don't care to buy into notions about someone
else's idea of being "well thought out" as a justification to deprive me of
alternatives.  Personally I find many of the UI choices made on iOS to be
inferior, but that's beyond the scope of this thread.  A friend's HTC has
nice features but I find Motoblur on the D2 is pretty nice too.  Whinge all
you want about "consistency" but each person gets the hang of their phone
regardless of arguments about UI.  It's like houses, clothes, food or cars,
no single way of doing things is necessarily any "better" than others.   As
a result I greatly prefer going with products that offer genuine choice.

-Bill Kearney