[FoRK] Management & Leadership, Knowledge, Creativity, Training/Learning

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Sun Mar 20 13:00:12 PDT 2011

I found this book to be a very interesting project management book. Not
quite leadership, but on the self-actualising axis.

http://www.amazon.com/Blind-Men-Elephant-Mastering-Project/dp/1576752534

<http://www.amazon.com/Blind-Men-Elephant-Mastering-Project/dp/1576752534>"Using
the "blind men and the elephant" metaphor, this useful guide explains how a
"follow the leader" approach creates troubled projects by pulling attention
from the real source of power and authority - the individual. Using
real-world stories, it shows how anyone can transform a fuzzy project
assignment into a meaningful, satisfying experience. Author David A.
Schmaltz·-- creator of True North's Mastering Projects Workshop at Sun
Microsystems Inc.'s Project Sun Workshop -- reframes the root cause of
difficulties in project work, singling out "incoherence" (the inability of
people to make common meaning from their common experience) as the main
obstacle, and presents a set of simple, easily available techniques to
increase a project's coherence and its participants' enjoyment of the
process."