[FoRK] Google releases their own open source Bitcoin client

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Mar 21 07:53:26 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:39:28AM -0400, rst at ai.mit.edu wrote:
> Eugen Leitl writes:
>  > http://www.techworld.com.au/article/380396/google_releases_open_source_bitcoin_client/
>  >
>  > So it begins.
>
> IIRC, according to various HN discussion, this is just somebody's
> 20% project at the moment.  Google corporate could conceivably get
> behind it (as they have behind others), but they haven't yet.

This needs to be done in Android market, with NFC support.
I hope there's a way to operate a client without hogging CPU
and kill battery.

Bitcoin is just a prototype, I have little doubt that it
will be cracked soon enough, but its successors will be
harder. Looking forward to moneylaundering allegations,
and funding terrorist pedophile pirate mobsters.