[FoRK] Why Fukushima made me stop worrying and love nuclear power

Gary Stock gstock at nexcerpt.com
Thu Mar 24 11:17:15 PDT 2011

Nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/mar/24/officials-tva-faces-charges-tied-nuclear-site/

http://www.justice.gov/usao/tne/news/2011/March/032411%20Correll%20Indictment%20False%20Statements.html

"The indictment alleges that on or about August 16, 2010, Correll
completed paperwork falsely indicating that he had measured cables that
were intending to supply energy to safety systems to be constructed in a
new nuclear power plant at the Watts Bar Nuclear facility. As alleged in
the indictment, Mr. Correll did not take the measurements, nor make the
inspections, and falsely completed the forms required by TVA. The
indictment also alleges that he did not perform these measurements."

# # #

Hmmm... energy to safety systems.  That sounds suboptimal...

BTW, I need to be offline this afternoon.  If anyone tries to pervert
this into proof "the system works," perhaps others can deal the dope
slap. ;-)

GS