[FoRK] I'll take the second option

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Wed Mar 30 11:34:22 PDT 2011

On 3/30/2011 11:24 AM, Bill Humphries wrote:
> Still less than the cost of a Photoshop license!
>
> -- whump (who just priced upgrading from CS3 to CS5 Extended, woah...)

At Endeavors, Adobe was a partner of ours.  We launched a
software-as-a-service for Adobe installed apps including creative suite.
   It could stream any Adobe software and trick a client machine
thinking it was installed in tens of seconds.  It could just as easily
be uninstalled and transferred to any other machine you wanted.

Adobe gave us an unlimited license to stream any academic version of any
software they had.  We did a huge joint project for Drexel university.
Apparently, it was a hotbed for students stealing copies.  We set up a
$1 a day per application suite, $15/week, $30/month pricing.

We got about 20-30 students per month paying the daily dollar.  I
thought it was a good model, but our stupid company thought it wasn't
worth the revenue or reference.

Greg