[FoRK] Do Not Anger the Alpha Android

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Apr 1 10:00:02 PDT 2011

> I invoke FoRK Rule 27, commandment 9, part 4, re:sdw AF comment. :-)

Oh, a traditionalist now! ;-)

At least include the relevant quote for wider exposure:
> Google is going to get a pretty big pass because it is all pretty much open source, free, etc.  It's not likely they're going to
> want to, or be able to, implement AF (Applonian fascism, or, if you're generous or one of the flock, Apple Paternalism by Father
> Steve (hey, _I'm_ a father Steve!)).

Apple's the new Microsoft, at least when talking about mobile device and application market control.  Outside of that land and money
grab and paternalistically "benevolent" dictatorship on behalf of the users' (money), they are still the epitome of the transcendent
customer-first, innovation & quality leading company.

While Microsoft's initially broken and still rotted core still holds back the many wonderful people they have sucked in and held
back innovations that are too-often tainted, Apple, so far, has only a narrow band of misjudgment that is easily corrected at some
point.  If you must know, my apparent bash was a strategic step in forcing Apple to return to the True Path of customer's first.
Only by naming the disease can full awareness be obtained and the path to enlightenment be revealed.  cf. IBM.

While updates and account related flow on Xbox sucks as bad as Windows and their server products (see previous mention of helping a
neighbor recover from a failed update, eventually requiring reset to factory), the game system guys seem to be mostly good.  While
the hardware was developed mostly at an external company, the vision algorithms were handled by internal researchers to make the
Kinect awesome.  Hopefully Microsoft will learn something from that.

> On 4/1/2011 7:11 AM, Tom Higgins wrote:

>>> I don't think he was referring to you dissing the Goog.
>>
>> Yea, I was not harshing you  at all. Rather the comments and such I
>> have seen boiling under/about  the article and a few other sources
>> mostly seemed sour grapes from folks looking to sling rather than
>> gather data on the topic.

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net stephendwilliams at gmail.com LinkedIn: http://sdw.st/in V:650-450-UNIX (8649) V:866.SDW.UNIX
V:703.371.9362 F:703.995.0407 AIM:sdw Skype:StephenDWilliams Yahoo:sdwlignet Resume: http://sdw.st/gres Personal: http://sdw.st
facebook.com/sdwlig twitter.com/scienteer