[FoRK] Outlook Is Awful

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Apr 1 10:11:09 PDT 2011

Exhibit 1: Inability to do proper inline display and quoting.  Outlook is blown out of the water by Thunderbird (and others).
Pathetic, non-professional level crap.

Exhibit 2: windows-1255?  Really?  On MacOS+Thunderbird, this results in a bizarro font where upper case letters are a couple point
sizes taller than other characters.  Annoying.  Has Microsoft heard of Unicode?

Exhibit 3: base64 for a simple text message?  Really?  Can't spring for quotable text?  Maybe it's Mailman's fault:

In any case, Microsoft fail...

Stephen