[FoRK] Web page monitization

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Fri Apr 1 11:46:26 PDT 2011

Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote on 4/1/2011 6:41 AM:
> I have an amazon affiliates account. If you write about stuff you've
> actually bought and then use the generated link, there's a chance you
> might get something.
>
> Average monetization for web ads for your hits: $.10/month
> Average monetization for affiliate purchasing: $2/month

I've done quite good with those on another site, but that was ~5 years ago.

> If you get really luck and use one of the Amazon promotions for $50 for
> some special item, then you might luck out and average $4/month for a 12
> month period, but don't count on it.

Yea, it's probably not really worth it, but it's a rather targeted topic.

> Is Stanford really that expensive?

They pay me. McD's would pay more tho.

This is more interesting as an experiment then as a money maker. It's
far more lucrative to beg on the side of the road then to put up ads on
the Internet :)