[FoRK] Outlook Is Awful

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 15:57:33 PDT 2011

> They need to hire someone to say "Stop giving me excuses.  This is broken.
> Fix it.  Now.", empower them to insist on change, and get it done.

No doubt the code for handling message display is a crusty nightmare of
spaghetti.  For what profitable interest would it be for them to undertake
dealing with that knot of Gordian proportion?

Me, I'm more irritated by the brain-dead ways in which it bungles handling
IMAP connections.  The display crap I can live with, but the basic IMAP
connectivity has been fucked since before Outlook 97.  And appears to remain
broken in the latest ribbon-based abomination.

-Bill Kearney