[FoRK] Outlook Is Awful

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 19:08:50 PDT 2011

> Keeping users.  Avoiding being the laughing stock of technical companies.

Shirley you must be joking.  Like that has ever stopped them?

> but they mostly don't know it.

Because the competition has no money to spend on changing that.

> The whole problem with Microsoft is that, in this situation, they see no
> "profitable interest" in fixing the problems.

Except that it's profitable.  Oh, wait, that IS the whole point.

I'm not arguing that Outlook doesn't suck.  Just that it's a windmill not
worth tilting toward.

And meanwhile the competition can't even rise to the level of competing
effectively with it.  Outlook is a lot more than just mail and Thunderbird,
et al, come nowhere near close to providing as robust a solution.  The
graveyard is littered with failed attempts (Kapor, Novell, etc).

-Bill Kearney