[FoRK] Do Not Anger the Alpha Android

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 11:58:51 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Bill Kearney <wkearney99 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Try picking up a Nook Color.  About the cheapest way to get a reasonably
> performing tablet device.  I've had one for several months and love using it
> for occasional web surfing.  There's a simple root tool available for it.
> Confirmed rumors indicate there will even be a upgrade to it's Android OS
> later this month.  It's a surprisingly powerful little device for the money.

I have heard good things from the modhaxoring folks I know about the
Nook Color. Once rooted most any android device is an open
oyster...heck even my crappy Augen78 is usefull once I got it rooted.
Seeing Honeycomb on the Nook Color was a nice thing. I wonder when
they will start showing for for <100$ on the used markets, they would
make perfect devices for the kids.

-tom(if you can not root it it roots you)higgins.