[FoRK] KK: the art of endless upgrades

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Wed May 18 16:28:01 PDT 2011

Nope. It's a losers race being run on a treadmill. A race to see how much faster we can consume all the nonrenewable resources on the planet. It seems to be based on the belief that we can "innovate" our way out of the carrying capacity box. That's not a belief I subscribe to.

We would be better served if the innovators would expend their energy coming up with an economic model that is not based on ever-increasing consumption. One that particularly rewards birth control.

      ...ken...