[FoRK] Another election year.... another bum economy

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu Jun 16 09:14:16 PDT 2011

On 6/16/11 6:39 AM, geege schuman wrote:
> "My unpublished non-plan is far better than your published non-plan to avoid
> saying anything that would alarm anyone...".
>
> sdw
>

> I dunno.  Plenty of alarm to be peddled.
>
> gg

There's legitimate alarm that things are bad and how they got that way.  That should motivate all manner of thought out change.
Then there's misleading alarm about why they got that way to sway the gullible masses (It's all Obama's doing!, etc.).  That has
frequently lead to counter productive, shoot yourself in the foot voting, outcries, etc.  Then there's both correct and misleading
alarm about various proposals, which often don't really get thought out or explored before being killed and becoming politically
radioactive.  Eventually, we're boxed into the status quo, more or less, and we keep cruising, letting opportunities pass by.

Survive, or find a way to thrive, and wait for things to get bad enough to actually change.  Or, if you have the time and resources,
try to change things.  We've had a few things become so obviously wrong that we're passed going along with it anymore.  That's
probably how most things will get resolved.

Stephen