[FoRK] Another election year.... another bum economy

Bill Stoddard wgstoddard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:32:30 PDT 2011

> On Jun 16, 2011, at 11:39 AM, Stephen Williams wrote:
>> Most interesting, towards the end the heads of the biggest health care insurance companies were calling for legislation, and legislation that specifically required everyone to carry health insurance (just like auto insurance works).
>
> No one has to buy auto insurance. In many places you do not even have to buy it if you drive and many people do not carry it in any case.
>
> The real difference is that auto insurance is actually insurance (mostly). So-called "health care insurance" is not in large part.

No one is picking up on this thread, Andrew, which is frustrating.  You
mentioned it more explicitly in an email to this list a month or more
back and no one picked up on that one either. If smart people can't see
the healthcare industry in the US for what it really is, we're destined
to be eternally screwed.

Bill