[FoRK] Another election year.... another bum economy

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 16 19:47:11 PDT 2011

> No one has to buy auto insurance. In many places you do not even have to
> buy it if you drive and many people do not carry it in any case.

In Maryland you are required to be insured.  And they'd damned quick to
suspend your registration within days of getting a cancellation notice from
the insurance company.  Stop paying the bill and within two weeks your tags
are suspended.  The fine for not having coverage is steep and gets higher.
The fines for failing to turn in the suspended tags even more so.  Likewise
getting caught driving on them because of it.  I believe this is true in
more states than not lately.