[FoRK] Making robotics a priority

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jul 12 02:50:03 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 08:15:26PM -0400, Joe Reneker wrote:

> I suppose the broader point of the original post is that robots will soon be
> capable of performing most non-creative labor. Whether it's a good thing is

Not limited to that. Many white-collar jobs are far easier to automate
than your average plumber.

Here's an empirical metric for full human equivalence: half of all
job slots across the entire world are occupied by nonhumans.

Of course some niches are/have being/been flooded earlier than
than others.