[FoRK] Making robotics a priority

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Tue Jul 12 21:43:46 PDT 2011

In the year of Keynsian revivalists, I just thought it was funny that
nobody remembers Keynes' greatest prediction in the 1930s:  that a rise
in productivity would result in a large increase in leisure during the
next 100 years. He speculated that the central problem for humanity
would be using its abundant leisure time in a meaningful way.

All these dingbots are crying wolf about automation hurting employment,
when in fact the economics of the past 100 years prove that automation
has resulted in the amount of leisure time per capita staying steady,
but real wages have increased steadily because of it.

Greg