[FoRK] Making robotics a priority

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Jul 12 23:19:24 PDT 2011

Practically everyone is rich in practically every way compared to 100 years ago (or 50, or 20), unless you are counting the number
of people that work for you.  Horsepower, food, safety, comfort, clothing, hygiene, information, correct knowledge and ways to
get/keep/use it, entertainment, travel, longevity (how much would that have cost you in the 1800s?), etc.

So, sure, "the rich".  Which, for "first world" environs, means pretty much everyone.

Fully realized robotics / AI / nano and similar (pick 2) are going to make current day seem similarly impoverished.