[FoRK] Making robotics a priority

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Wed Jul 13 07:43:54 PDT 2011

[1] Ramey & Francis, A Century of Work and Leisure, American Economic
Journal: Macroeconomics 2009, 1:2, 189–224

The new measures reveal a number of interesting 20th Century trends.
First, 70 percent of the decline in hours worked has been offset by an
increase in hours spent in school. Second, contrary to conventional
wisdom, average hours spent in home production are actually slightly
higher now than they were in the early part of the 20th Century.
Finally, leisure per capita is approximately the same now as it was in 1900.

I'm sure all her work is trivially disprovable.

Greg