[FoRK] DAS FORK, was: Re: Making robotics a priority

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Jul 13 23:08:04 PDT 2011

> I did a google for "information consuming economy" and found it. [1]
>
> [1] http://www.xent.com/FoRK-archive/summer96/0325.html

?

But I did find this:
http://www.fork.de/#about

>         If you search the truth you have arrived! View our illustrious scriptures below and find out why Fork is the agency that
>         bewilders the experts… just don’t let the volcanic fumes get in your eyes.

Lol. Perfect.

>   Sanctuary
>

>         Welcome to “DAS FORK” where wisdom, precognition, and creations of the digital future are revealed, step in to resurrect
>         your brand, service, or communication
>         MORE ÜBERFORK <http://www.fork.de/#about>

This is getting weird. ;-)

!

>           Your Seat has been Reserved for the Resurrection! <http://www.fork.de/articles/resurrection.html>
>

>             Matt - June 03 2011
>
> Welcome one and all, young and old! Take a seat or find room where you can and witnesses our stealth new re-birth….. witnesses the
> resurrection!
>
> For those of you who know Fork well this new look may come as a shock but don't fret; like a snake shedding it's skin this
> transformation means that not only are the seasons changing and that it's time for us to shake off the sleepy coil of hibernation,
> but it speaks of a positive new epoch that is fast approaching and we're more than ready; defter, more agile and as sleek as
> quicksilver.
>

> VISION
>
> 1
>

>           Fork Unstable Media
>

>             Explaining the Inexplicable
>
> Inexplicable, that's true. Nevertheless, with the next seven (plus or minus two) slides we give it a try and speak about us, our
> history, and expertise. Learn about the Information Highway, Zen and the Art of Digital Touchpoints, as well as the Flaneur
> Approach. What are you waiting for?

Digital Touchpoints? Flaneur Approach? Hmm:
http://visualflaneur.com/

    /flaneur/ - a person who walks the city in order to experience it

- Charles Baudelaire

http://visualflaneur.com/2011/06/05/how-to-become-a-flaneur/

>     The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.
>
> - /Oscar Wilde/
>
> Have you thought about the ‘flaneur approach’ to city life and and toyed with the idea of trying it yourself? Maybe you will
> appreciate some help with your first steps.
>
> .
>
> *How do you throw overboard what is an essential part of your everyday life – a goal, a schedule, efficiency ?*
>
> *Why would you even want to?*
>
> .
>
> I believe that life is lived at it’s fullest when we open up to experience the world. And there is a lot of world. All around us.
> You don’t even have to go far. It’s right there!
>
> Experiencing it however is not trivial. We are used to be busy dealing with ourselves or imposing our agenda onto the world.
> Slowing down and letting go can liberate us to open our eyes.
>
> .
>
> However, even if only for a while, you may find letting go difficult.
>
> Now there is help.
>
> .
>
> San Francisco based Ellen Keith, has founded a ‘flaneur society’ and assembled a wonderful ‘Guide to Getting Lost’ to inspire you
> and get you going.
>
> .
>
> In her own words:
>
> /‘I would love for it {the guide} to encourage people to seek out the unknown in cities and to not rely only on all of the tools
> and gadgets and technology these days that direct our every step. There is so much to be found in the spaces between. The turns
> you haven’t taken…’/
>
> .
>
> I couldn’t agree more.
>
> Ellen graciously allowed me to offer the ‘*Guide to Getting Lost’ for free! *
>
> *Just sign up in the green box on the top right or drop me a line and I’ll send it to you!*
>
> .
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you,
>
> Your visual flaneur

Back to Das FORK:

>         Sacrifice to DAS FORK the ones to set free, send these, the old and abandoned to me and we will return them stronger to thee.

Yea, that sounds like us.