[FoRK] DAS FORK, was: Re: Making robotics a priority

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Thu Jul 14 07:57:52 PDT 2011

My citation supported:

Automation & Innovation results in increased leisure time which instead
of being spent on trivial pursuits was converted directly into better
education and competitive work resulting in increases in real wages
which created an accelerated feedback loop of more automation and more
innovation.

Ken, who I suspect is just playing devil's advocate, is saying the
citation "trivially proves" that people are, instead of being the engine
of that innovation, are becoming less important--or as they say in
English countries, "more redundant", therefore innovation, automation,
and competitiveness are bad.

Using his yahoo.ca address, I actually searched for "Canada as a third
world country" and ended going down the forkhole. With the exception of
MB, one of the smartest people anywhere, it used to be an unwritten rule
that Canada bashing was allowed simply because some of our Canadian
participants felt a need to prove they didn't have an inferiority
complex.

Greg