[FoRK] Who's infiltrating whom?

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Thu Jul 14 10:06:56 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 01:46:54PM -0700, Stephen Williams wrote:
> Religious radicalism of any kind that is of the ultimately violent,
> controlling, non-US constitutional-like nature is extremely bad.

As opposed to the other kinds of religious radicalism.

> http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48969486.html

That's a link to a video.  Can you summarize what you're trying to
communicate by posting it?  Video's a great propaganda medium, but not that
good at cogent and rational argument that bears discussion.

The comments to the video seem to indicate that it's the usual sort of
"raghead peril" thing, but I hope I'm dead wrong.

> The prison conversion thing is irritating.  I'd contribute to
> teaching positive self-improvement / humanism, which is what is
> really missing for a lot of criminals.

There's a lot more that missing, and most of it is much harder to deliver
than (and also prerequisite to) a course in Enlightenment Values 101.