[FoRK] networking question

Sean Conner sean at conman.org
Sun Jul 24 15:01:34 PDT 2011

It was thus said that the Great Damien Morton once stated:
> Hey there,
>
> Wondering if there is a solution that involves a single switch/router which
> will allow us to say, simply, "this collection of ports is reserved
> 1.5mbs/256k" and "this collection of ports is reserved 4.5mbs/768k".

  Cisco routers/switches can do that, and you can get used Cisco equipment
at decent prices (that's what we do at our company).  Now, how simply can
you say "this collection of ports ... " is up to debate, but it can be done.

  -spc (One of the few pieces of computer hardware that doesn't depreciate
	at warp speed ... )