[FoRK] Apple using look-and-feel?

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Aug 10 09:42:44 PDT 2011

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/apple-secures-injunction-against-samsung-galaxy-tab-in-eu/54459?tag=nl.e589
Apple secures injunction against Samsung Galaxy Tab in E.U.

I keep waiting to hear some protectable details, but each article says something like:
> Apple is suing Samsung on a worldwide scale over patent infringement related to the 10.1-inch tablet’s design as Apple argues
> that it looks too similar to the iPad
> <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/apple-secures-injunction-against-samsung-galaxy-tab-in-eu/54459?tag=nl.e589#>.

"Looks too similar"?  Is this look-and-feel all over again?  Is there an actual design patent that they can point to?
I have both an ipad2 and a tab: Isn't the similarity mostly "hand-held size wide touch screen with as thin and light as package
as possible with ergonomic edges (i.e. rounded)"?

The Tab in fact is much closer to 16x9 where the Ipad2 is closer to 4x3.  Are they complaining about having an Ipad/ipod-looking
cable connection?