[FoRK] interesting electoral concept

Jebadiah Moore jebdm at jebdm.net
Wed Aug 31 12:29:30 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Gregory Alan Bolcer <greg at bolcer.org>wrote:

> I just thought it'd be funny to try to quote your own words, but at a
> microcosm level.

I caught that, but the usage was a bit of a non-sequitur.

> I was just trying to figure out if you were a troll or just some kid using
> FoRK as a soapbox to try to rationalize his polygamy, drug use, or sexual
> fetish through a moral relativism argument.

Whoa, ad hominem much?  Moral relativists aren't all deviant from the norm,
and besides you can hardly call it rationalizing when I was specifically
asking you for your opinion.  Okay, given, a lot of people play the "what's
your opinion, if it's the same as mine I feel validated and if it's
different then I argue and feel that I "won" no matter what and so feel
validated anyways" game, so I can see how you might make that mistake.  But
I try hard not to do that, and in any case it's a bit easier to find out a
troll by trying to genuinely engage with them than by trying to subtly troll
back.