[FoRK] interesting electoral concept

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Wed Aug 31 15:35:43 PDT 2011

Succeeded... for some value of success.

Take a look at nature. Look at all the vast varieties of life that
have evolved to occupy, collaboratively or competitively, the
similarly vast variety of ecosystems at a vast variety of physical and
temporal scales.

Ok, yeah, sure, there are some principles which characterise the
dynamics of how these systems come into being and change over time.

You cant tell me there are any absolutes, however. You cant tell me
that every time you (or we) look deeper or further, we (or you) aren't
surprised by what we find.

In the end, the term "moral relativism" is a misdirection - away from
the true argument, which is that a single static source provides the
absolutes. For some its the bible, for others das capital, for others
yet, something else.

If there is an absolute, it is diversity over homogeneity.

So, I draw the analogy between moral systems and living systems,
embracing the diversity found in both.

You wont find me chanting X legs good, Y legs bad.