[FoRK] Is anything soon to replace coax....

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at jarbox.org
Sun Sep 11 17:37:07 PDT 2011

On Sep 11, 2011, at 5:06 PM, Russell Turpin wrote:
> Here's a basic question: Will anything soon replace coax cable as the
> basic physical medium that carries internet/TV signal into the home?

DSL does to a limited extent but an Ethernet drop is what I'd like to see. Ethernet is currently synonymous with high-quality bandwidth so they charge a lot for it.

Most of the existing plant was laid down in pre-Internet days and works well enough. It will take awhile for the economics to replace the existing infrastructure.