[FoRK] Republicanism as Religion

Gary Stock gstock at nexcerpt.com
Thu Sep 15 09:52:12 PDT 2011

> You think my difference of opinion is a reading comprehension problem?
Not at all.  Given your extremely dismissive comments, it was difficult
to believe that you had ever read it.

Much like repeating Koch-brother-approved insults, poo-pooing a very
rational analysis (especially by saying that it lacks rational
analysis?) suggests utter unfamiliarity with the actual analysis itself.

Since you've had practice dismissing its considerable substance in other
forums, too... well... that makes your unwillingness to address the
issues now slightly more understandable.  Quite unfortunate, but more
understandable.

> I think there's many historical precedences that more easily explain
> the political currents that than the loaded-word, speculative comments
> of some navel gazing opinion piece.
And there are many political currents -- articulated in those articles,
by the people intentionally manufacturing them -- that more fully
explain reality than any pretense that "it all happened before."  The
United States of America has not faced such a severe existential crisis,
at the hands of its own citizens, since our Civil War.

I truly hope that more of the people who today are chuckling over these
crises (as they purposely promote the downfall of our democracy) will
stop to reflect on what they seek to destroy.  I hope their reflection
will be as heartfelt as that revealed in those articles.  There may
still be time to recover an America worthy of respect.

The joy such selfish bastards are taking -- both in the ignorance they
are promoting, and in the pain they are causing, which continues to grow
-- is unforgivable.

GS